Teng Yang and his wife became Christians when studying in New Zealand through The Navigators.
- Full-time with The Navigators since 1987.
- Ministered among universities students from 1982 to 1996.
- Started, and was responsible for The Navigators Prayer Ministry from 1993 to 2011.
- Called to New Zealand to lead the International Students Ministry from 2011 to 2016.
- Returned to Malaysia to help coordinate an interdenominational team to reach out to the international students in Malaysia.
- Married to Jenny with 2 grown-up children.
Current organisation : The Navigators Malaysia
Nature of work: Working among couples and international students
Topic : Missions opportunity among international students
“I will make you as a light for the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.”Isaiah 49:6
God has designed an elaborate scheme to bring these students, not just into Malaysia, telling the churches and Christian organisations that His “salvation may reach to the end of the earth” without leaving their countries – the harvest field at their door steps. Also, many of these students come from difficult countries where the people are more resistant to the Gospel.
Malaysia has become one of the top destinations for Asian (Middle-eastern as well) and African students. Malaysia now has more than 180,000 international students. By the year 2020, the government is expecting as many as 200,000 to come here, making Malaysia a very fertile ground for the “salvation to the end of the earth”. The challenge, however, is for the churches and Christian organisations here to fully engaged together in God’s defining plan, and the opportunity He has created in Malaysia.
In this seminar, we will learn about:
- The needs – in Malaysia, and beyond
- The Kingdom perspective – a long-term vision to see the potential of individuals becoming laborers for Christ
- The involvement – becoming a catalyst, a light to the nations
- The training – being skilful as laborers, helping them to know Christ and discipling them to be faithful and fruitful
- The setting up of ISM ministry in your own context
- The resources available
Phone : + 60 16 2173521
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org